Tuesday, August 19, 2008

ABC Sale Part Two

The ABC Sale started on Sunday when we started taking donations. Donations came in through Thursday with the Sale beginning Friday at 7:00 AM. As usual we had so much stuff, we wondered if we'd ever get it all sold and ultimately given away to local charities before worship on the next Sunday.











Our Narthex (our older sanctuary) was filled with furniture, but it was difficult to photograh. This area did also house lamps and pictures, too. Then a room off this area is the Boutique--for more expensive items.

Then, our Library houses the books (duh!) with the children's books in the hallway.

The hallway to the kitchen is tools, garden and pet supplies, followed by our Gym (Gleason Hall) which has clothes and holiday items.


Sunday school rooms have knick-knacks and toys which over-flowed into the hall. "Action toys" blended in with electronics, phones, and records.

At 11 AM on Saturday we have half-price, Clothes by the bag for $1. By the 1 PM on Saturday, the Sale was over---as you can see we didn't really have that much to pack up. Compare action toys at 1 PM with how it looked the day before.

By 1:45, things were pretty well packed up and cleaned up---another miracle! Here's the Gym pretty much cleaned up. See ABC Sale Part Three for the benefits of this Rummage Sale.

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.