Thursday, August 11, 2011

ABC Sale at St. Mark

 Our church, St. Mark Presbyterian, has a wonderful rummage sale each year filling nine rooms including a gym and two areas that were once sanctuaries.  We always get some wonderful items donated like the hall tree above with its original pan.
 We have a lot of furniture, rugs, basekets. . .
 Books of all kinds. . .

 Including some car repair manuals.
Our gym is filled with clothes, shoes. . . .
 Crafts, holiday items. . .
 And baby and children's items.
 The adjoining classrooms have toys, children's books, stuffed animals.
 Fellowship Hall is filled with dishes, pots, knick-knacks, linens, silk flowers.
 I mostly work in the boutique with jewelry. . .
 Collectibles, fine decorating items. . . .
 And, antiques like these lead and tin toys.
We even donated a few broken items which were polished and repaired.  Dave said, "Hm, maybe we should buy them back!"

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.