Thursday, May 3, 2012

Go-getters

 We have a group of women at St. Mark Presbyterian called the Go-Getters who have lunch once a month.  The group started many years ago when someone had to move her elderly mother to town.  With no friends, her mother was unhappy until this group was formed.
Although the group sometimes meets at church, they usually eat at local restaurants like Miss Aimee B's in St. Charles, Mo.

 We are a mix of ladies from their 50's into their 90's.  And we still have several mother-daughter couples.  Winnie in the green is seated across from her daughter.  Linda and her newly moved mother were also on hand.  Mary (facing the camera) was pleased to introduce us to her granddaughter who worked at the restaurant.
Several of us had the house specialty---chicken salad pie.  The food was delicious as always and the company was wonderful!

No comments:

Between Two Worlds

Most of my life, I've considered it fortunate that I was just ahead of the Baby-boom. Generally, the Baby-boomers were born between 1946 and 1964 after the fathers returned from World War II. It was a huge population explosion that has reverberated through American society.

This blog will be part history, part memories, part reflections of a retired teacher, but active "Senior". I have always felt like I straddled two generations forming a bridge. Sometimes I think like a baby-boomer, but sometimes I'm locked into my parents' Depression era thinking. I'm a dichotomy of two eras. But, I'm always ready to try something new---so here I am dipping my toes in the water of Blogworld.